- Tour Itinerary
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Mount Kailash is highly revered for the being the abode of Lord Shiva. Every year, hundreds of devotees embark on the treacherous journey to this peak for seeking the blessings of the Lord and take a dip in the holy Mansarovar Lake. Spanning in the duration of 14 days, Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2018 (by luxury coach from Kerung) by Indian Holiday offers a hassle-free and safe journey. The Yatra starts in the end of April and continues till September when pilgrims trek in batches to reach their Lord’s abode. This is an all-inclusive tour that is going to take care of all your requirements from your arrival in Kathmandu till your departure, along with sightseeing, stay and food.
- Shiv Puran Katha by Shree Anandgiriji Maharaj
- 5* Accommodation at Kathmandu
- 4* Accommodation at Pokhara
- Visit Pashupatinath & Buddha Neelkanth
- All Vegetarian Meals
- Rudrabhishek in Kathmandu
- Visit to Manokamna Temple
- Visit to Muktinath Temple
- Visit to Janakpur Temple
- Surprise Gifts
- Early departure & stopover in India available
Mount Kailash is highly revered for the being the abode of Lord Shiva. Every year, hundreds of devotees embark on the treacherous journey to this peak for seeking the blessings of the Lord and take a dip in the holy Mansarovar Lake. Spanning in the duration of 14 days, Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2018 (by luxury coach from Kerung) by Indian Holiday offers a hassle-free and safe journey. The Yatra starts in the end of April and continues till September when pilgrims trek in batches to reach their Lord’s abode.
UK - KATHMANDUDepart from UK airport to Kathmandu. ( Dinner in Flight)
KATHMANDUMorning after breakfast, We proceed to Shigatse. Arrival, Check-in at hotel. Overnight Stay. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight at Hotel (Shigatse).
KATHMANDU- POKHARA- VIA MANOKAMNA;After breakfast, drive to Pokhara stopping en route at Kurintar for Cable car ride (subject to availability) to MANOKAMNA TEMPLE – "Wish Fulfilling Goddess". After visiting temple we descend to the highway and proceed to Pokhara. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight at Hotel - Kathmandu to Pokhara: 200 km | 7 hours drive
FLIGHT; POKHARA TO JOMSOM:After breakfast, we transfer you to Pokhara airport for your flight to Jomsom. Flight from Pokhara to Jomsom often operates in the morning time because the weather in the mountain area will be clear with less wind. It takes about 25 minutes to reach Jomsom and another 45 minutes will require to reach Muktinath by Jeep. After doing snan and Pooja; you will return back to Jomsom for overnight stay. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight at Guesthouse- - Pokhara to Jomsom flight: 25 minutes - Aircraft type: Dronier or twin otter - Carrying capacity: 15 passengers - Jomsom to Muktinath: 45 minutes by Jeep - Altitude of Muktinath: 3710 m. | 12,170 ft. - Altitude of Jomsom: 2700 m. | 8856 ft.
FLIGHT; JOMSOM- POKHARA + SIGHTSEEING TOUR:Early morning fly back to Pokhara. Afternoon you will do sightseeing tour around the city. Today, we will show you Barahi temple, Davis fall, Gupteshwor Mahadev cave and Vindvasini temple. Evening free time on your own. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight at Hotel
POKHARA- VALMIKI ASHRAM- CHITWAN:After breakfast, check-out and you will proceed to Chitwan National Park. On the way, visit Valmiki Ashram (also known as ‘DEVGHAT’). Evening halt at a Resort in Chitwan National park. Enjoy the evening with live Tharu culture Dance. Tharu are the native people of Chitwan. They are known as the Malaria proof people. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Pokhara- VALMIKI ASHRAM- Chitwan National Park (Sauraha)- 140 km | 4 hours - Overnight at Hotel
CHITWAN – JANAKPUR DHAM:Morning after breakfast, you will proceed to Janakpur via East-West highway of Nepal. Janaki Mandir is a Hindu temple of Janakpur in Mithila region of Nepal, dedicated to the Hindu goddess Sita. It is the primary temple of Maithali native indigenous to Nepal. It is an example of 'Hindu-Rajput' Nepali architecture. It is often considered the most important model of Rajput architecture in Nepal. Fully built in bright white and constructed in an area of 4,860 sq. feet in a mixed style of Islamic and Rajput domes, the temple is 50 meters high. It is a three-storied structure made entirely of stone and marble. According to legends and epics, King Janak ruled this area (called Videha) during the Ramayana period. His daughter Janaki (Sita), during her swyambar, had chosen Lord Rama as her husband, and become queen of Ayodhya. There marriage ceremony had occurred in the nearby Temple. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight at Hotel - Chitwan to Janakpur: 251 km | 6 hours drive.
JANAKPUR- KATHMANDU:In the morning, darshan at Janaki Mandir. Later on you will fly to Kathmandu. We will transfer to hotel and do preparation for the next day. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight Hotel - Janakpur- Kathmandu: 35 minutes flight
KATHMANDU – MANKAMNA DEVI TEMPLE - KATHMANDUAfter early breakfast, proceed to Kurintar to visit Mankamna Devi (Wish Full filling God). After visit proceed back to hotel in Kathmandu. Overnight Stay. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
FULL DAY SIGHTSEEING TOUR WITHIN KATHMANDUFull day sightseeing tour within Kathmandu valley. You will visit Pashupatinath temple (the holiest temple of Hindus), Guheshowri Mata temple, Budhanilkantha Bishnu temple (also known as Jal Narayan or Seshnarayan) and Monkey temple. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
FLY, KATHMANDU TO LHASAMorning after breakfast, you will be escorted to the international airport/ Kathmandu for your flight to Lhasa. This is probably the most spectacular flight in the world crossing mighty Himalayan range. If the weather permits; we can see the view of Mt. Everest. The flight duration is 1 hour & 10 minutes. At Lhasa airport; you will be met & greet by our Chinese guide then transferred to Hotel. Evening, free for independent activities or rest. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight Hotel - Kathmandu to Lhasa: 1 hour & 10 minutes. - Gonggar airport to Lhasa city: 65 km | 1 hour. - Altitude of Lhasa: 3650 m. | 11972 ft.
LHASA STAY- SIGHTSEEING TOURToday, you will do sightseeing tour in Lhasa. You can visit Potala Palace (the winter Palace of Dalai Lama), Jokhang temple & Bustling Barkhor Square market and Norbulinkha Palace (the summer Palace of Dalai Lama). (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight Hotel - Altitude of Lhasa: 3650 m. | 11972 ft. NOTE: There are two types of ticket to enter the Potala Palace. The entry ticket for inside Palace is not included in our service. However, we can circumambulate the palace from outside. Those who wants to go inside have to climb 13 storey Palace with no elevator and they are requested to inform us in advance because ticket is limited. Ticket fee will be extra.
TOUR FROM LHASA TO GYANTSEMorning after breakfast, you will set off for Gyantse. Gyantse is situated to the south-west of Lhasa and it is an ancient trading hub as well as it used to be an important strategic point in the past. The city is jeweled with Palkor Chode Monastery, Khumbum stupa (the largest stupa in Tibet) and Gyantse Dzong (the fortress). On the way, you will be crossing over two high passes, Kamba-La and Karo- La. Kamba- La is on the mountain that divides Lhasa valley and Nakartse-county. The high pass offers probably the most stunning overlooking views of Lake Yamdruk Tso & other mountain views. Karo- La is a beautiful pass with its magnificent hanging glacier. Both high passes are over 4800 m. (15,744 ft.) from the sea level.
DRIVE, GYANTSE TO LHATSEThe very first city after Gyantse is Shigatse. Here, we make a brief halt for visiting Tashilungpu Monastery. Shigatse is the head quarter of Shigatse prefecture of Tibet Autonomous Region of China. The city is situated 94 km north of Gyantse and it is the second largest city of Tibet and official throne of Panchen Lama. Panchen Lama is the highest ranking Lama of Glugpa sect of Buddhism. Tashilungpu Monastery is an icon of Shigatse and the abode of Panchen Lama. After visiting Tashilungpu Monastery, we continue our journey for Lhatse. The drive takes about three hours to get to Lhatse from Shigatse. We can see many Tibetan villages en route. Lhtase is the place from where the highway divides into two. One goes to Kailash and the other goes to Zhang Mu. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight at Lhatse in Hotel - Gyantse to Lhatse: 245 km | 4 hrs drive. - Elevation of Lhatse: 3950 m. | 12,956 ft. - Highlights of the days: Tashilungpu Monastery
DRIVE, LHATSE TO SAGAEarly morning drive to Saga from Shigatse. It is a long drive via Lhatse and Sang Sang, so we need to commence our journey early morning. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight in Guesthouse in Saga - Lhatse to Saga: 446 km. | 7 hrs. - Altitude of Saga: 4480 m. | 14695 ft.
DRIVE, SAGA TO MANASAROVARMorning after breakfast you will set off from Saga. The journey should be started early in the morning because you have to cross a significant distance today. After crossing near about 150 km you will reach Old Dzongba. This is the habitat of Tibet herders. From old Dzongba, you will continue drive to Paryang through high passes and wide pastures en route. Paryang is a small town with the Chinese military base. The village is situated in a wide-open pasture land which is facing Himalaya. So, the weather of this place is harsh. From Paryang, you will continue your journey to the west. On the way, we will stop in Horchu river where there is a military check post. After completing formalities of security check and others, we will drive for another 10 minutes beyond the check post and make a brief halt for lunch. It is another two hours journey to reach Manasarovar from Mayum La. The holy dip & pooja can be performed either today or tomorrow depending on the time you are reaching there and of course, with no doubt, the weather plays a vital role for this. The decision can be made after mutual discussion amongst guide, group manager and tour leader. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight Guesthouse | dormitory room with common Tibetan styled toilet facility. - Saga to Lake Manasarovar: 455 km | 6 hrs. - Altitude of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m. | 14925 ft.
STAY IN LAKE MANASAROVARRest in Manasarovar for Pooja and Homa. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) Overnight Guesthouse | dormitory room with common Tibetan styled toilet facility. - Saga to Lake Manasarovar: 455 km | 6 hrs. - Altitude of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m. | 14925 ft.
LAKE MANASAROVAR – YAMA DWAR - DERAPHUK: 1ST DAY OF PARIKRAMAToday is the highlighted day of our journey. The most exciting part, sacred circumambulation around Kailash, commences today from Yama Dwara. After breakfast, we depart from lake strand to Yama Dwar (also called 'Tarboche' in Tibetan) that demands approximately one & half hour to reach there. We should make a brief halt in Darchen to obtain certain travel documents from local Police and Army officials. We will need to make a group entry into the region. From Darchen, it is another half hour to reach Yama Dwara. Our Yaks, porters and horses are waiting here for us. Those who are making circumambulation around Kailash on foot can instantly proceed for Deraphuk; rest of members can commence their journey after taking their horse/s and porter/s. The Total walk to Deraphuk is 4 to 5 hours but the timing depends on your own pace. The route is quite easy, flat but mild ascend. Due to its extreme elevation, we feel tired while walking and need to have break very frequently. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight at Guesthouse (dormitory room with no toilet facility) - Lake Manasarovar to Yama Dwara: 45 km, 1 & half hour drive. - Yama Dwar – Dhriraphuk (10 km): 5 to 6 hours trek. - Elevation of Dhriraphuk: 4920 m./16,138 fts - Expected temperature: day time: 10 to 15 degree Celsius/night time: -5 to -8 degree. - Average climatic condition: windy and partly cloudy & rainy. NOTE: Those members, who are not participating for Kailash circumambulation, will return to Darchen from Yama Dwar and wait until other members come back from the circumambulation. - Overnight at Guesthouse - Elevation of Darchen: 4664 m./15,285 fts. - Expected temperature: daytime: 10 to 15 degrees Celsius/night time: -4 to -5 degrees. - Average climatically condition: windy and partly cloudy
DERAPHUK - KAILASH CHARAN SPARSHA - DERAPHUK:2nd Day of Parikrama Today is the most highlighted day of the journey. We will trek up to the holy foot of Kailash for Charan Sparsha. We will do Kailash Darshan from as nearest and safest point possible. ( This takes about 2-3 hours each way. Return back to Deraphuk. Overnight Stay.
TREK; DERAPHUK TO ZUTUL PHUK – 3rd DAY OF PARIKRAMAToday is the toughest & longest journey of this trip. We have to trek almost 22 km through rugged highland to reach Zutulphuk. Literally, we have to pack up our gear and set off from hotel at 5 a.m. Chinese time. Initially, it is an uphill trek from Deraphuk but after walking for an hour or so, the trail turns into mild ascend. Half of the trail passes through an elevation of 4900 m./16,000 ft. or above, so there is no wonder if we get suffered from breathlessness or headache. Though, we should try to keep our pace slow & steady. Please do not forget to carry water bottle, down jacket, raincoat and some dry fruits & chocolates with you. Everybody has different pace of walking. People might not be around when you them. So, you have to be self-dependent in basic things. After making an uphill trek for about 4 hours or so, we will reach a high pass where we will find Tibetan prayer flags fluttering. This is called ‘Dolma La pass’ (5800 m.). This is the highest point that we will be crossing over during this divine trip. After making a gentle descend from the pass, we will find ourselves near a tine glacial lake. This is ‘Gauri Kunda’. From Gauri kunda, the trail leads us rapidly down through the area full of boulders and loose pebbles. Going down can be difficult and painful than coming up. If we have taken a horse, we won’t be able to use it in this bit. After trekking down for another 1 & half hour or so from Gauri Kunda, we will eventually reach the valley floor. From this point on, the trail is easy & flat. It is another 2 hours easy-walk to reach Zutulphuk from here. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight Mud house – dormitory. - Dhiraphuk to Zutulphuk: 21 km (8 - 9 hours trek). - Elevation of Zutulphuk: 4820 m./15,810 fts. - Expected temperature: 10 to 15 degree Celsius; Night time: -3 to -5 degree. - Climatic condition: windy
ZUTULPHUK- LAKE MANASAROVAR - PARIKRAMA FINISHESAfter breakfast, we pack up our belongings and set off for further trekking. The distance between Zutulphuk and ending point is about 8 km. Today, we will find the entire trail flat & easy. It takes approximately, 3 hours to complete this journey. At the ending point, we will find our vehicle standing by. We board on the Bus then start driving towards Lake Manasarovar. The lake is approximately 37 km in distance from this particular places and takes about 45 minutes to reach there. We stay overnight at the eastern shore of Lake Manasarovar tonight. Evening, free on our own and independent activities. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Zutulphuk to Trek ending point: 6 km, 3 hours. - Trek ending point to Lake Manasarovar: 37 km, 45 minutes. - Elevation of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m./14924 fts.: DAY 17: LAKE MANASAROVAR TO SAGA: Today, we will have to cross an extensive distance to reach Saga. We have to start early morning from lake manasarovar, so our gear should be packed before joining for breakfast. After having breakfast, we board on vehicle and move towards to the checkpoint where we will get off from the “green vehicle” and board on the same vehicle that we had left here before. After shifting all our belongings, we will have a last glimpse of Lake Manasarovar and mount Kailash; then we move on. Driving for an hour from the eastern sore of manasarovar will bring us to a beautiful lake on the way. We drive along the bank of this lake for a while then start going up gradually towards the top of Mayum La pass (5200 m.). From Mayum La, we descend to the military check post then continue our journey to Paryang. After Paryang, we drive through sand dunes area and gradually drive up towards another high pass and descend to the wide pasture, the other side. On the way, we will traverse through several Tibetan villages and pastures then eventually reach Dongba. We serve picnic lunch in Dzongba. After lunch we continue our journey to Saga. En route we will cross a bridge over river Brahmaputra then drive towards a high pass and descend to the Saga valley. Saga is situated on the bank of river Brahmaputra. From here, the highway forks in two parts. One leads to Lhasa and the other leads to Zhang Mu via Peiko Tso and Shisapangma area. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight guesthouse ( Multi Sharing room). - Lake Manasarovar to Saga: 455 km. | 6 hours. - Elevation of Saga: 4664 m. | 15,298 fts. - Expected temperature: daytime- 15 degree Celsius | nighttime- -3 to -4 degree. - Climatic condition: windy & dry
SHIGATSE TO LHASAWe have to start early morning from Shigatse for Lhasa. It indeed is a long drive. The final part of the journey will be along the river Bank of the Brahmaputra. The river originates in Kailash and flows all the way to Lhasa then onward to Tsangpo Gorge (east Tibet). There it makes a dramatic bends and drop down to the plain of Asham via Arunchal Pradesh. Evening free on your own. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight at Hotel - Xegar to Lhasa: 271 km | 6 hours - Elevation of Lhasa: 3650 m. | 11,972 ft.
LHASA- KATHMANDUMorning after breakfast, we leave for airport. As per the international rule, we should be at the checking counter two hours in advance. We take spectacular flight to Kathmandu over the mighty Himalaya range. Everest is in our left side while flying to Kathmandu. In Kathmandu; we meet you at the airport & transfer to Hotel. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight Hotel - Lhasa to Airport: 1 hour - Lhasa to Kathmandu flight: 1 hour & 10 minutes - Kathmandu airport to Hotel: 30 minutes
DEPARTUREIt is time to say goodbye! We will transfer you to Tribhuvan International airport for your flight back home. Reporting time is three hours in advance. (Breakfast)
- Return economy class international flights
- Economy class air ticket from Kathmandu – Lhasa Return
- Arrival / departure transfers – Private
- Accommodation on twin/ double / triple sharing at 5 star hotel in Kathmandu Only, Guest houses or tents during yatra (Triple rooms are usually a Twin/ Double room with a single roll away bed or mattress), Multiple sharing outside Kathmandu in Tibet part.
- All Vegetarian Meals (Full Board)
- Cable Car fee for Manokamna Temple
- Kathmandu / Pokhara & Pokhara / Kathmandu transfer by A/C Dlx. Van
- Sector: Flight to Pokhara / Jomsom / Pokhara by Fixed wing aircraft
- Janakpur to Kathmandu flight
- Accomodation at Jomsom / Muktinath on simple full board basis and Conservation Fee.
- Jeep at Jomsom
- All entrance fees
- Tibet part by Bus
- Travel Insurance
- Evacuation Cost by helicopter or Overland
- Nepal Visa fee (Available on arrival at Kathmandu airport)
- Extra cost in the event of landslide for hiring Porterage or additional transportation
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Tip £35 per person
- Pony or Porter for Kailash Parikrama
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or other place, if arrive early in case of evacuation
- Medical and other expenses in case of emergency and evacuation
- Single Supplement in Kathmandu, Lhasa, Pokhara, Chitwan and Janakpur only: £650
- Any flight deviation, will be charged accordingly
Please Note: This Itinerary is for guidance purpose only and can be changed during Yatra due to circumstances
Items provided by Skylink: (Free of Charge)
- Shoulder Bag, Holdall, Cap, Walking Stick, Water Bottle, Rudraksh Mala, Sphatik Shivling
- Down Jacket on returnable basis
- Baggage allowance: International flights give more baggage allowance but during yatra, limited baggage allowance is allowed so follow the rules of allowed baggage allowance by us.
It is our most important aim that you enjoy your holiday and that we earn your trust. However, we are not responsible for any cancellation due to any industrial disputes, Technical failure of any type of transport we use, loss of earnings, late arrivals or force majeure, or any items beyond our control
CANCELLATION BY YOU
1) Our normal cancellation charges apply as a percentage of the total holiday cost. If you cancel the holiday we will require notice in writing for any cancellation:
56 days or more before departure Loss of deposit only
55 to 28 days before departure 50%
27 to 14 days before departure 80%
13 to the day of departure 100%
No show 100%
CANCELLATION BY US
2 a) If we cancel the tour at any point due to force majeure or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, no refund and compensation will be made. It is customer’s liability to have a comprehensive travel insurance to recover all charges incurred either before starting or during the tour.
Force Majeure or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control include but not limited to political unrest, natural calamities, act of God, terrorism, war or threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute including air traffic control disputes, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural and nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, epidemics & pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport, closure or congestion of airports or ports and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned's control.
2 b) We reserve the right to cancel your holiday for any reason. However we will not cancel your holiday unless it is for a reason outside our control i.e. minimum numbers required for group which is 20. If we have to cancel your holiday except other reasons of clause 2a), we will offer you:- alternative travel arrangements of equivalent or of very closely similar standard and price, if available travel arrangements of a lower standard and a refund of the difference in price; or a full refund of all monies paid. . If flight ticket has been issued, flight cancellation charges will be applicable under any circumstances and are non-refundable. Amount will be informed to the client at the cancellation time. If client has paid by credit card, credit card charges are non-refundable under any circumstances.
3) Application should be submitted at least 60 days before the provisional date of departure. Skylink will confirm your booking within 15 days of your application. Any amendment required after booking must be informed to Skylink in writing only.
4) As yatra contains visiting High altitude areas, Customer must consult their GP and get advice before booking travel to high altitude area. This is passenger’s own responsibility to disclose correct medical condition information to us.
5) When the booking is made the following details must be enclosed: Fully Filled Booking Form (Full name as in passport, Date of birth, Nationality, Sex, Occupation and other details as mentioned in the booking form), Coloured Passport Copy, Visa Document (if applicable). Deposit is required along with booking form. Deposit is Non Refundable.
6) 100% money should be paid before 60 days of the commencement of the tour.
7) This is religious pilgrimage at high altitude and some of the services would be very basic.
8) Tour Manager’s service will be available for Minimum 20 paying adults.
9) During the tour, the tour manager’s decision would be final
10) Single traveller has option to pay single supplement or can share with other single travellers at their own discretion. Skylink has no responsibility but just act as an introducer to both travellers. (if any available or wish so)
11) We are not responsible for your luggage, personal money or belongings. We advise that if lockers are available in the hotel please use them. Do not have luxury or expensive items with you whilst you are on holiday.
12) Tour Itinerary can be changed without notice, before or during the trip, due to unavoidable circumstances beyond our control such as Political Unrest, Natural Calamities etc. Further charges can be applicable for alternate arrangements and will be borne by Client. If client refuses to pay and cancels the tour or makes alternate arrangements on their own, NO REFUND for unused part and NO COMPENSATION will be given.
13) This is the passenger’s responsibility to have proper travel insurance up to 6000 metres including evacuation at high altitude in case of any emergency. NO TRAVEL WITHOUT COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE. The passenger must provide us a copy of travel insurance before start of the tour.
14) This yatra is based on special permit being provided by Chinese authorities and permit can be provided or refused before or after arrival in Kathmandu. Usually Permit is applied 4-5 weeks in advance of proposed date of travel and If permit has been refused or not granted by Chinese authorities for any reasons or entry to Tibet is refused beyond our control then Skylink Travel & Tours Ltd. Is not liable for that and charges will be applicable and if any refund is applicable then amount will be informed to the client after any deductions.
15) I accept and agree all risks associated with the journey and further agree to abide by the terms and conditions of Skylink Travel & Tours Ltd., as described here and its brochures and publication. In The event of illness, accident, weather, political unrest, flight cancellations due to reasons beyond our control, change in the airport or airlines taxes, cancellation of helicopter flight and other factors beyond their control, I will not hold Skylink Travel & Tours Ltd., its agents associate or employees responsible or liable for damages. I understand and I travel at my own risk. PLEASE READ OUR GENERAL INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING