- Tour Itinerary
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The Yatra starts in the end of April and continues till September when pilgrims trek in batches to reach their Lord’s abode. This is an all-inclusive tour that is going to take care of all your requirements from your arrival in Kathmandu till your departure, along with sightseeing, stay and food.
- 5* Accommodation at Kathmandu
- 4* Accommodation at Pokhara
- Visit Pashupatinath & Buddha Neelkanth
- All Vegetarian Meals
- Rudrabhishek in Kathmandu
- Visit to Manokamna Temple
- Visit to Muktinath Temple
- Visit to Janakpur Temple
- Surprise Gifts
- Early departure & stopover in India available
DEPART: 01/06/2019, 10/09/2019
RETURN: 19/06/2019, 28/09/2019
No details found.
UK - KATHMANDUDepart from UK airport to Kathmandu. ( Dinner in Flight)
KATHMANDUMorning after breakfast, We proceed to Shigatse. Arrival, Check-in at hotel. Overnight Stay. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight at Hotel (Shigatse).
KATHMANDU- POKHARA- VIA MANOKAMNA;After breakfast, drive to Pokhara stopping en route at Kurintar for Cable car ride (subject to availability) to MANOKAMNA TEMPLE – "Wish Fulfilling Goddess". After visiting temple we descend to the highway and proceed to Pokhara. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight at Hotel - Kathmandu to Pokhara: 200 km | 7 hours drive
FULL DAY SIGHTSEEING TOUR WITHIN KATHMANDUFull day sightseeing tour within Kathmandu valley. You will visit Pashupatinath temple (the holiest temple of Hindus), Guheshowri Mata temple, Budhanilkantha Bishnu temple (also known as Jal Narayan or Seshnarayan) and Monkey temple. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
DRIVE, KATHMANDU- SHYABRUBESHIEarly morning, you will be setting off for Syabrubeshi. Syabrubeshi, a small town, borders with Kyirong county of Tibet/ China, situated about 170 km north of Kathmandu. This fascinating country drive takes approximately 8 hours to reach Syabrubeshi. Some 70 km part of the highway is very slender; so it can be a risky journey to drive fast. Lunch will be served on the way & overnight stay in guesthouse/ hotel in Syabrubeshi. - Overnight … - Kathmandu to Shyabrubeshi: 170 km | 6 hrs drive (approx.). - Elevation of Syabrubeshi: 1450 m. | 4756 ft.
CROSS THE BORDER THEN DRIVE TO KYIRONG TOWNMorning after breakfast, drive to friendship bridge. The distance to drive is approximately 10 k.m. You will cross the friendship bridge and go through the immigration formalities and continue drive to Kyirong valley. It is 22 km driving distance from friendship bridge to Kyirong valley. - Overnight … - Shyabrubeshi to Border: 18 km | 45 minutes (approx.) - Border to Kyirong Gaun: 23 km | 1 hr - Elevation of Kyirong: 2600 m. | 8528 ft.
DRIVE, KYIRONG TOWN TO SAGAThe very first Tibetan town you will reach from Kyirong is Saga. Saga is situated at the bank of River Brahmaputra that origins in Kailash. From Kailash the river flows to Lhasa then it drops down to the plain of Asam crossing vast area of Arunchal Pradesh. Today, we stay overnight in Saga. - Overnight … - Kyirong county to Saga: 154 km | 4 hrs drive (approx.). - Elevation of Saga: 4460 m. | 14628 fts.
SAGA RESTRest in Saga for acclimatization. - Overnight … - Elevation of Saga: 4460 m. | 14628 fts.
DRIVE, SAGA TO MANASAROVARMorning after breakfast you will set off from Saga. The journey should be started early in the morning because you have to cross a significant distance today. After crossing near about 150 km you will reach Old Dzongba. This is the habitat of Tibet herders. From old Dzongba, you will continue drive to Paryang through high passes and wide pastures en route. Paryang is a small town with the Chinese military base. The village is situated in a wide-open pasture land which is facing Himalaya. So, the weather of this place is harsh. From Paryang, you will continue your journey to the west. On the way, we will stop in Horchu river where there is a military check post. After completing formalities of security check and others, we will drive for another 10 minutes beyond the check post and make a brief halt for lunch. It is another two hours journey to reach Manasarovar from Mayum La. The holy dip & pooja can be performed either today or tomorrow depending on the time you are reaching there and of course, with no doubt, the weather plays a vital role for this. The decision can be made after mutual discussion amongst guide, group manager and tour leader. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight Guesthouse | dormitory room with common Tibetan styled toilet facility. - Saga to Lake Manasarovar: 455 km | 6 hrs. - Altitude of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m. | 14925 ft.
STAY IN LAKE MANASAROVARRest in Manasarovar for Pooja and Homa. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) Overnight Guesthouse | dormitory room with common Tibetan styled toilet facility. - Saga to Lake Manasarovar: 455 km | 6 hrs. - Altitude of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m. | 14925 ft.
LAKE MANASAROVAR – YAMA DWAR - DERAPHUK: 1ST DAY OF PARIKRAMAToday is the highlighted day of our journey. The most exciting part, sacred circumambulation around Kailash, commences today from Yama Dwara. After breakfast, we depart from lake strand to Yama Dwar (also called 'Tarboche' in Tibetan) that demands approximately one & half hour to reach there. We should make a brief halt in Darchen to obtain certain travel documents from local Police and Army officials. We will need to make a group entry into the region. From Darchen, it is another half hour to reach Yama Dwara. Our Yaks, porters and horses are waiting here for us. Those who are making circumambulation around Kailash on foot can instantly proceed for Deraphuk; rest of members can commence their journey after taking their horse/s and porter/s. The Total walk to Deraphuk is 4 to 5 hours but the timing depends on your own pace. The route is quite easy, flat but mild ascend. Due to its extreme elevation, we feel tired while walking and need to have break very frequently. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight at Guesthouse (dormitory room with no toilet facility) - Lake Manasarovar to Yama Dwara: 45 km, 1 & half hour drive. - Yama Dwar – Dhriraphuk (10 km): 5 to 6 hours trek. - Elevation of Dhriraphuk: 4920 m./16,138 fts - Expected temperature: day time: 10 to 15 degree Celsius/night time: -5 to -8 degree. - Average climatic condition: windy and partly cloudy & rainy. NOTE: Those members, who are not participating for Kailash circumambulation, will return to Darchen from Yama Dwar and wait until other members come back from the circumambulation. - Overnight at Guesthouse - Elevation of Darchen: 4664 m./15,285 fts. - Expected temperature: daytime: 10 to 15 degrees Celsius/night time: -4 to -5 degrees. - Average climatically condition: windy and partly cloudy
DERAPHUK - KAILASH CHARAN SPARSHA - DERAPHUK:2nd Day of Parikrama Today is the most highlighted day of the journey. We will trek up to the holy foot of Kailash for Charan Sparsha. We will do Kailash Darshan from as nearest and safest point possible. ( This takes about 2-3 hours each way. Return back to Deraphuk. Overnight Stay.
TREK; DERAPHUK TO ZUTUL PHUK – 3rd DAY OF PARIKRAMAToday is the toughest & longest journey of this trip. We have to trek almost 22 km through rugged highland to reach Zutulphuk. Literally, we have to pack up our gear and set off from hotel at 5 a.m. Chinese time. Initially, it is an uphill trek from Deraphuk but after walking for an hour or so, the trail turns into mild ascend. Half of the trail passes through an elevation of 4900 m./16,000 ft. or above, so there is no wonder if we get suffered from breathlessness or headache. Though, we should try to keep our pace slow & steady. Please do not forget to carry water bottle, down jacket, raincoat and some dry fruits & chocolates with you. Everybody has different pace of walking. People might not be around when you them. So, you have to be self-dependent in basic things. After making an uphill trek for about 4 hours or so, we will reach a high pass where we will find Tibetan prayer flags fluttering. This is called ‘Dolma La pass’ (5800 m.). This is the highest point that we will be crossing over during this divine trip. After making a gentle descend from the pass, we will find ourselves near a tine glacial lake. This is ‘Gauri Kunda’. From Gauri kunda, the trail leads us rapidly down through the area full of boulders and loose pebbles. Going down can be difficult and painful than coming up. If we have taken a horse, we won’t be able to use it in this bit. After trekking down for another 1 & half hour or so from Gauri Kunda, we will eventually reach the valley floor. From this point on, the trail is easy & flat. It is another 2 hours easy-walk to reach Zutulphuk from here. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) - Overnight Mud house – dormitory. - Dhiraphuk to Zutulphuk: 21 km (8 - 9 hours trek). - Elevation of Zutulphuk: 4820 m./15,810 fts. - Expected temperature: 10 to 15 degree Celsius; Night time: -3 to -5 degree. - Climatic condition: windy
TREK, ZUTULPHUK TO TREK ENDING POINT, & DRIVE BACK TO DARCHEN- PARIKRAMA FINISHESToday is the last day of this divine circumambulation. Morning after breakfast, we pack up our gear and move on to Darchen. The entire trail is easy and flat. The trek takes about 3 hours to complete. - Overnight … - Zutulphuk to Darchen: 8 km | 3 hours walk (approx.). - Elevation of Darchen: 4684 m. | 14760 fts.
DARCHEN TO SAGAReturn back to Saga. - Overnight … - Darchen to Saga: 390 km | 8 hours (approx.). - Elevation of Saga: 4460 m. | 14625 fts.
SAGA – KYIRONG – SYABRUBESHIAfter breakfast, we drive down to the border; cross the bridge then drive to Syabrubeshi. - Overnight … - Saga to Kyirong: 157 km | 4 hrs (approx.). - Kyirong bridge to Syabrubeshi- 18 km | 45 minutes
SYABRUBESHI TO KATHMANDUMorning after breakfast drive back to Kathmandu. - Syabrubeshi to Kathmandu: 152 km | 7 hrs
KATHMANDU- UK:After breakfast. Drop to the airport to catch your return flight back to home. (Breakfast)
- International economy class air ticket
- FOR KATHMANDU ONLY: Accommodation in 5* hotel in standard room on twin / double / triple sharing basis
- Accommodation in Guest Houses / Tents / Lodges in Tibet and other part on Multi sharing basis (in Tented accommodation, Dining and Toilet Tents will be on Multi sharing basis)
- Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Permit to Travel in Kailash Area and Chinese Visa Fee (For British Passport holders only)
- Services of Tour Manager (for Group Only) / Local Representative services
- Tibet part by non a/c bus
- Nepal Visa (Available on arrival at Kathmandu airport)
- Travel insurance
- Tips £30 per person
- Single Supplement £295 Kathmandu part only)
- Evacuation Cost by helicopter or Overland
- Extra cost in the event of landslide for hiring Porterage or additional transportation
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Pony or Porter for Kailash Parikrama
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu or other place, if arrive early in case of evacuation
- Medical and other expenses in case of emergency and evacuation
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances, weather conditions, natural calamities, etc
Please Note: This Itinerary is for guidance purpose only and can be changed during Yatra due to circumstances
Things provided by Skylink: (Free of Charge)
- Shoulder Bag
- Walking Stick
- Water Bottle
- Rudraksh Mala
- Sphatik Shivling
- Down Jacket on returnable basis
Baggage allowance: International flights give more baggage allowance but during yatra, limited baggage allowance is allowed so follow the rules of allowed baggage allowance by us.
It is our most important aim that you enjoy your holiday and that we earn your trust. However, we are not responsible for any cancellation due to any industrial disputes, Technical failure of any type of transport we use, loss of earnings, late arrivals or force majeure, or any items beyond our control
1) Our normal cancellation charges apply as a percentage of the total holiday cost. If you cancel the holiday, we will require notice in writing for any cancellation:
60 days or more before departure Loss of deposit only
59 to 28 days before departure 50%
27 to 14 days before departure 80%
13 to the day of departure 100%
No show 100%
2 a) If we cancel the tour at any point due to force majeure or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, no refund and compensation will be made unless the tour is cancelled before 60 days of departure. However, in some circumstances we may be able to offer a full or part refund to our customers where we obtain a refund from our suppliers. Therefore, it is customer’s liability to have a comprehensive travel insurance to recover all charges incurred either before starting or during the tour.
Force Majeure or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control include but not limited to political unrest, natural calamities, act of God, terrorism, war or threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute including air traffic control disputes, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural and nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, epidemics & pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport, closure or congestion of airports or ports and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned control.
2 b) We reserve the right to cancel your holiday for any reason. However, we will not cancel your holiday unless it is for a reason outside our control, for instance, minimum numbers required for a group which is 20. If we have to cancel your holiday except of clause 2a), we will offer you: - an alternative travel arrangement of equivalent or of very closely similar standard and price, or if available travel arrangements are of a less value than difference in price will be refunded; or a full refund of all monies will be paid.
2 c) If flight ticket has been issued earlier as per customer request than flight cancellation charges will be applicable under any circumstances (including clause 2a & 2b) Amount of cancellation charges will be informed to the customer at the time of cancellation.
2 d) If a client has paid by credit card, credit card charges are non-refundable under any circumstances.
2 e) If we have to cancel the tour due to any reason other than clause 2a, we will pay compensation as per follows:
60 days or more before departure Nil 59 to 28 days before departure £5
27 to 14 days before departure £7 13 to the day of departure £10
No show Nil
3) The application should be submitted at least 60 days before the provisional date of departure. Skylink will confirm your booking within 15 days of your application. Any amendment required after booking must be informed to Skylink in writing only.
4) As yatra contains visiting High altitude areas, Customer must consult their GP and get advice before booking travel to high altitude area. This is passenger’s own responsibility to disclose correct medical condition information to us.
5) When the booking is made the following details must be enclosed: Fully Filled Booking Form (Full name as in passport, Date of birth, Nationality, Sex, Occupation and other details as mentioned in the booking form), Passport Copy, Visa Document (if applicable). Deposit is required along with booking form. Deposit is Non-Refundable.
6) 100% money should be paid before 60 days of the commencement of the tour.
7) This is religious pilgrimage at high altitude and some of the services would be very basic.
8) Tour Manager’s service will be available for Minimum 20 paying adults.
9) During the tour, the tour manager’s decision would be final
10) Single traveller has the option to choose as a single supplement or can share with other single travellers on their own discretion and Skylink has no responsibility but just act as an introducer to both travellers.(if any available or wish so)
11) We are not responsible for your luggage, personal money or belongings. We advise that if lockers are available in the hotel please use them. Do not have a luxury or expensive items with you whilst you are on holiday.
12) Tour Itinerary can be changed without prior notice, before or during the trip, due to unavoidable circumstances beyond our control such as Political Unrest, Natural Calamities etc. Further charges can be applicable for alternate arrangements and will be borne by Client. If client denies to pay and cancel the tour and make alternate arrangement on their own, NO REFUND will be given for unused part and NO COMPENSATION will be given.
13) This is the passenger's responsibility to have proper travel insurance up to 4500 metres including evacuation at high altitude in case of any emergency. NO TRAVEL WITHOUT COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE. The passenger must provide us a copy of travel insurance before a start of the tour.
14) I accept and agree all risks associated with the journey and further agree to abide by the terms and conditions of Skylink Travel & Tours Ltd., as described here and its brochures and publication. In The event of illness, accident, weather, political unrest, flight cancellations due to reasons beyond our control, change in the airport or airlines taxes, cancellation of helicopter flight and other factors beyond their control, I will not hold Skylink Travel & Tours Ltd., its agents associate or employees responsible or liable for damages. I understand and I travel at my own risk.
20 kgs ( Check in bag) and 5 kgs hand luggage is allowed during this yatra. So its advisable to travel with one check in bag and one hand luggage. No extra luggage will be allowed during the yatra and no storage facility is available. If any one carries more luggage than advised baggage allowance, then our tour manager will not allow more than one suitcase and one hand luggage for the tour from Mumbai.
Usually domestic flights have baggage allowance of 15 kgs of check in bag, but Skylink is offering 20kgs of check in bag and 5 kgs of hand bag.